Today I start from basics of blogging, like what is a Blog, what is blogging and who is blogger?
If we extend the word Blog then the full form is (A place on Internet where we express our thoughts and we can also call it “Weblog”). Some internet users call it with different names like – A Digital Magazine, A Diary, Newscast, Collector’s meeting place, place to show your art, information sharing place, teaching hub, learning spot and if i have to call it in my words then it would be “A place where almost everything can happen by words.”
A regular blog merge with text, images, videos and links and many more elements and the blog readers can post queries, comments and their thoughts as well as feedback’s about your posts and communicate with the author. The comments and discussions between author and reader are the proof of a successful blog.
In the blogging world, you will see the three words continuously:
Blog – An online journal.
Blogger – The person (Author) who owns and contributes to a blog.
Blogging – The action for creating the blog.
“A blog is a type of website that is usually arranged in chronological order from the most recent ‘post’ (or entry) at the top of the main page to the older entries towards the bottom”.
What is Blog?
A Blog is a shorten form of “Weblog”, this word is used to narrate the all kind of websites which share any kind of information with different types of niche’s (Topic of Website) on internet. It includes articles, videos, links, comments and many more.
Also See: How to Start A Blog?
Popular Blog Styles and Types – Top 8:
1.Personal Blog: This is the place where someone who has some skills and he/she want to share their skills with others, then blogger use this place to show his/her skills. In personal blog you can share thoughts, poems, photography skills and you can review any product and sell it to your reader via affiliate marketing.
2.Business Blog: These kind of blogs are developing for publish their products and services and used to enhance the public relation of a company. In the past time this type of blog is good for small companies but today all huge brands and multinational companies have using this type of blog to publish their activities, products launch, products information and many more.
- Niche or Topical Blogs: This type of blogs useful for anyone because it will work with any particular interest. Niche blog could be about many topics like Education, sports, fashion, home interior, gardening, pest controls tips, pets, child care, technology, cooking, how to’s and many more. If you have any kind of skill or talent then there is a blog waiting for you and then you can earn good amount of money with your passion.
- Media Blogs: This type of blogs depends on your content. For e.g. if you love to make videos and post on your blog as well as on YouTube then you’re a vlogger. If you are a photographer or you are a painter then your blog will called as photoblog or artblog.
- Insight Blogging: Insight blogging has some great topics like Sharing insights, Original ideas, commentary or trends on a particular topic.
- Piggyback Blogging: In this kind of blogs blogger writes about a particular topic which is popular in the media and on meme website like Tailrank.
- Life Blogging: In this type of blog, blogger sharing his or someone else real life story which will be inspiring for all readers. For e.g. TheLogicalIndian.
- Link Blogging: In this you should collect a huge series of links of websites, blogs, vlogs or any other online platform; here readers get all useful links at one place. (Note: This kind of blogs can get huge amount of traffic but if you provide real and useful links.)
What is Blogging?
The each and every action done by you for your blog is called blogging. In blogging you have to learn some skills like Search Engine optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Writing, Designing and some basic knowledge of coding languages like (HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVA SCRIPT), I am not saying that you have to learn these coding skills for blogging but if you have basic knowledge of these languages then it will help you in your blogging career.
Also See: Complete SEO Guide for Newbies
If you are damn serious about your blogging career then you have to learn some skills for bright future in blogging and for becoming a top blogger and entrepreneur you have to be punctual and hard working.
Who is Blogger?
A person who handle and manages the blog is called blogger. Blogger can share his/her skills, thoughts, stories and many more.
To become a blogger you have to start your own blog on any niche and write unique content or articles on your topic and start publishing it and make it visible to as many as users on Social Media.
Online Free Coding Languages Platforms:
To learn coding languages you can try some best options in the market where you can learn coding for free (W3Schools, Codecademy, Teamtreehouse)
You should be a good writer to write a unique and useful content for your readers but if you are not then don’t think that you can’t write good just be confident and improve yourself daily like me (Karan) and you can try some tips of mine which i follow for myself in daily life (Learn at least 5 unique words daily, Read English newspaper daily at least one hour, Be a Researcher about your niche and write at least one article daily). You should learn On-Page Optimization seriously because the search engines are the only one who will give you success.
Try This Tool for Better Articles: Grammarly
Important Factor for Blogging:
You need to be a Social Media Marketer because after search engines, the social media platforms are second most important place to drive traffic to your blog.
Investment in Blogging Business:
Everyone knows that if you want to start a business then you need to invest money and in blogging career you have two choices whether you want a free place to show your skills or you want a place only for you. Alright I suggest you that if you choose blogging as a career option and want to become an entrepreneur with your hard work then go for your own domain and hosting platform.
If you are doing this just for fun then you can try platform like this WordPress.com and Blogger.com
Domain + Hosting = Blog:
For a blog you will need two things for sure and these are:
Domain Name (Name of the Website)
Web Hosting (A place where your files will be stored)
These two things are important only for those who want start a blog for make money and he/she is serious for blog.
I would love to hear from you that whether you find this guide helpful or not. you can post you comments, feedback’s and queries about blogging.
Thanks and Best of luck for your first blog.